Benefits and advantages of e-waste recycling
- Conserves natural resources - Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we save energy, reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and save resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth.
- Protects your surroundings - Safe recycling of outdated electronics promotes sound management of toxic chemicals such as lead and mercury.
- Helps others - Donating your used electronics benefits your community by passing on ready-to-use or refurbished equipment to those who need it.
- Creates Jobs - E-Waste recycling creates jobs for professional recyclers and re-furbishers and creates new markets for the valuable components that are dismantled.
- Saves landfill space - E-waste is a growing waste stream. By recycling these items, landfill space is conserved.